Lapis Royalty Earrings
Theres something very regal about lapis lazuli. It is one of the most sought after gemstones since man's history began. It is a symbol of wisdom and truth. Its deep celestial blue with golden flecks (pyrites) is reminiscent of stars in the night sky and remains the symbol of royalty and honor, gods and power, spirit and vision.
In ancient times Lapis was most highly regarded because of its beautiful color and the valuable ultramarine dye derived from it. It was among the most highly prized tribute to Egypt, obtained from the oldest mines in the world. The golden sarcophagus of King Tutankhamen was richly inlaid with Lapis, as were other burial ornaments of Egyptian kings and queens. It was used extensively in jewellery and ground into powder for dyes, eye shadow and medicinal elixirs. The garments of priests and royalty were dyed with Lapis to indicate their status as gods among men.
Lapis is a stone of truth, it encourages honesty of the spirit. It is also a stone of friendship and brings harmony in relationships.
Hand made from warm yellow gold these earrings are inspired by all that is mentioned above. A pair of regal earrings fit for ancient royalty.
- Hand made in Sydney Australia
- Made entirely of 9ct yellow gold
- Rose cut unique Lapis Lazuli with brilliant golden pyrite flecks.
- Hand hammered 9ct yellow gold drops have a lovely movent.
- Drop from piercing approx 55mm
- Width at the widest point approx 17mm
- Weight approx 4.15 grams each
- Ready to ship in 3 working days