Mixed Element 'Totem' - Brush Box Pendant
Mixed Element Totem pendant
The mixed element collection is a fusion between slick metals and natural products. A combination of textures and finishes. Inspired by our natural world each piece is truly unique, made out of 100% recycled materials they are one of a kind.
The timber element featured in the Totem pendant is hand shaped from Australian recycled hardwood, its perfectly smooth, but possesses natural dark grains characteristic of Brush box timber. It's waxed using a natural bees wax insuring no nasty chemicals come in contact with the skin.
The silver additions are hand shaped and fitted to the angles of the timber, they fold around the top and bottom of the pendant. The cold silver reflects the light and works in perfect contrast with the warm earthy timber.
The mixed element 'Totem' pendant is strung on black adjustable silk and secured by knotting either side, so it won't slide. A handmade makers mark silver bead (stamped with my hallmark and 925) is attached at the back between the sliding knots, it won't slide around to the front of the necklace.
- Hand shaped recycled Australian Brush Box hardwood.
- Pendant dimensions = Approx 55mm Long, 15mm Wide, 11mm thick
- Necklace length = 26 - 45cm *as this necklace is knotted it does not open, therefore please note this is the drop of the necklace not the open length, please see image.
- Timber waxed using natural bees wax
- Sterling silver additions shaped by hand folding over the top and bottom of the pendant.
- Strung on black adjustable silk
- Makers mark bead hand made of sterling silver and threaded at the back
Mixed element pieces are 100% Australian made and unique. All are limited additions or one of a kind. The 'Totem' pendant is ready to ship within 2 working days.
Please visit my Instagram for more behind the scenes images and follow me to keep up to date on what Im creating.